As Paris fashion week starts today, here are the indispensable items to keep up with the fashion shows, showrooms and other events.
1.Watch without being seen but – always in style – with the made in France shades by Ahlem Platt. Palais Royal – $395 – Ahlem Eyewear
2. Feel at home, even at the hotel, and slip a mini version of the Diptyque candle in your suitcase, where space is precious. Mini candle Choisya – 25€ – Diptyque
3. One book gathered all the Parisian fashion designers who make a difference today: « Les nouveaux créateurs à Paris » by Philippe Zorzetto, Régis Pennel and Marie Albaud – Éditions du Chêne. « Les nouveaux créateurs » – 16€ – L’exception
4. A pun, an idea, an inspiration, a flower found in a Parisian park, a phone number… The notebook “Fragment” by Papier Tigre (made in France) is always here for your memories, or your future dreams. Available in october. Notebook Fragment – 12€ – Papier Tigre
5. For a Parisian-like discreet glow and a holiday feel, get the new edition of the Glossier range, the Coconut Balm Dotcom. A nourishing lip balm that combines anti-oxidants and coconut soft smell. To lay your hands on it, two options: have great friends in the States (no deliveries to France yet), or get it while your New York escapade. Coconut Balm Dotcom – 12$ – Glossier
6. A touch of vetiver, essential oils but no aluminum, that’s the formula of the unisex Aesop deodorant. Yet another hit. Deodorant – 27€ – Aesop
7. It’s always too hot under flashing lights and spotlights, so any excuse to fan is good. Especially with the Maison Duvelleroy creations (established in 1827), an accessory brand re-discovered by Eloise Gilles and Raphaëlle de Panafieu. It is impossible to resist the one designed by Louis Marie de Castelbajac, “Gone With The Wind”. Eventail Gone with the wind Fan – 39€ – Duvelleroy
8. The ordeal of desperately looking for a charger has now come to an end. Get your hands on the nomadic charger MIPOW, for iPhone 5 & 6. Available in 3 colors, it will make your life easier. Iphone5/6 charger – 95€ -MIPOW – Colette
9. The mythical brand Leica came up with a compact yet fully equipped version of the C Camera. Thanks to the Wifi and NFC system, you will be able to quickly transfer your photos to your devices (mobile, computer, pad). It will soon be one of your essentials! C Compact Camera – 615€ – Leica – Mr Porter
10. To run from shows to cocktails in no time, download the « Chauffeur Privé » app, a French service. Free on the App Store – 10€ on the first ride
11. Bioderma innovates and makes our beauty regime easier with the moisturizing anti-UV mist. It is the first ever hydrating water with a 30 SPF, an invisible and efficient spray with a nomadic packaging (50ml). Use it over make up… a must! Bioderma Hydrabio Eau de soin SPF 30 – 8,2€ – Comptoir Santé
12. No further introduction needed for Mansur Gavriel, the it-bag brand praised by fashionitas. Here is the Tote bag version, less seen and oh-so practical to put all the essentials presented by Far and Wide. Large Tote – $585- Mansur Gavriel – on Barneys New York
13. Activated carbon is the new craze among beautystas! Detox Delight presents la Blackbox to compensate excesses and fight acidity – two elixirs, two actions:
– La Limonade (activated carbon, water, lemon, agave juice, red chilli) to start the day with an alkaline PH, lemon to support liver action and red chilli to stimulate the metabolism.
– Le Lait aux Noix (activated carbon, water, cashew nuts, maple syrup, vanilla and stevia) to avoid munchies (a few sips do the job), or replace a solid dinner. Vegetal proteins allow the lipids to function during your sleep. A pack de 3 Limonades- 3 Laits aux noix – 65€ (excl. delivery)- Detox Delight